Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Circle of Friends

I have a BFF, yes, I truly do.  She is one of the most amazing people I know, and I have known her longer than I have known my youngest brother.  She has always been there for me, and I am forever grateful to her. 

She has an amazing assortment of friends, that unbeknownst to her, I am truly jealous of.  She has her "college" friends, who get together and relive their past indiscretions and dorm antics, she has her "work" friends, she has her "other" friends, and then she has me.  She has shared her college friends with me a couple times, and I had a great time and went home wishing I had attended college, or better yet, college parties, instead of getting married at 20.  Now her memory of this is that I wrote her a letter telling her I was buying life insurance with my now-ex husband, while she was hanging out in her dorm room, waiting to go to a party. 

We are so polar opposite that I think that is why we have remained friends for dare I say it, almost 45 years!  I am heavy metal and alternative, I think she listens to KYW.  She travels the world, calling me on New Year's Eve one year from Paris; me, the furthest I have been in The Southernmost point in the US, and that was over 8 years ago.  But, still, we click, we talk, we share.  Because I am in a circle of friendship that includes only me and her. 

I am not the kinda girl who has many circles of friends, just alot of aquaintences, but those true friends that I do have, life my BFF, I cherish and thank God every day that they are there for me, and hope that I am always there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment