Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pearls or Lack of Luster

The first thing I thought of when thinking about this blog, was I am not the kinda girl who wears pearls.  Sounds silly, I know, but I can't even wear a silver chain for more than 24 hours without it breaking or making my neck itch.  I always wanted to be the kinda girl who were pearls because those kinda girls always seem to look like they have it all together, along with their matching twinset and skirt.  Their hair and make up always look perfect, and the luster of the pearls just adds to their aura.  Me, I have no luster, my hair only looks shiny when its greasy or I have used too much of my favorite hair product.  My skin doesn't look dewy or moist, or whatever the buzz makeup word of the day is.  It doesn't have luster.  My clothes, certainly, have no luster, as its hard to create radiance and shimmer dressed in my husband's too big sweatpants and sweatshirt.  The only thing that adds any sparkle to me are my silver hoops, that if I could, I would sleep in.  I somehow feel naked or worse, under dressed, without them.  What is it about those women who can wear pearls with such panache, such grace, that makes me envious?  Is it that pearls exude femininity and charm?  It is that I never went to college and therefore, have no sorority sisters to teach me the correct way to choose and wear pearls? Or that I never dated the handsome quarterback? Wow, it sounds like I am dredging up Animal House images here! Or is it that women who can wear pearls, wear them with such aplomb that you don't even realize that they are wearing them and their glow just seems to come from within?  I don't know the answer, all I know is, I am not the kinda girl who wears, or owns for that matter, Pearls!

Which leads to me another topic that I will take up tomorrow .. lipstick ..

No comments:

Post a Comment