Saturday, November 12, 2011

How to create clutter without even trying!

Life teaches us many lessons, some of those we take to heart, and others we just pretend that we weren't in class that day. One of those lessons is that I am not the kinda girl who can just leave things be, let life take its course. No, not me. I must control everything and most of the time, I have no control over anything. Take, for example, my kids. Try as I might to make them the kinda girls who like to be clean and orderly, they are slobs. I have tried over and over again to make them see the light, that cleanliness is next to Mommy being happy. I bought them bins, I bought them Barbie cases, the more I bought to control the clutter, the more what I bought became part of the clutter. I have just about given up trying to control these two little terrors that become a super force against all that is orderly in my house. Not a morning goes by, that something sticky is spilled on my tablecloth, which in turn, has to be washed, along with the floor that collected the drips. The only way I could think to control this, was to not let them drink anything but water, but that didn't go over well, as water still spills!

So my lesson today is to become the kinda girl who does leave things alone, and let the water and juice spill where they may!