Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heidi Klum and the Meaning of Life

There is only one woman alive right now who I think has the right to sit in judgment of the rest of us women .. please do not say Kim Kardashian, or I will have to stop writing forever ..think the antithesis of anything Kardashian, and you should come to Heidi Klum. This woman is amazing in everything she does, she is like the Midas of our time. Watch her on Project Runway, Awesomeness. Look at her with her kids, Goddess. Look at her at Halloween, Genius. She is the kinda girl that I would love to be.

I have seen her on a late night talk show completely at ease with herself, with barely a hint of makeup on. Really? I can't leave my bathroom, let alone my house without lipstick, as you all know. The thought of being in front of millions of people with barely a trace of makeup on and I would be comatose and totally unresponsive, not Heidi. She was cool as a cucumber, laughing, joking and basically at total ease with herself. How does she do it? Is it because she has a husband that can sing, not only in the shower, but also on actual radio and Cd's? Is it because her children are beautiful and probably well behaved and neat? Or is it because she knows something I don't? It is most likely all of the above. I want to know her secret, I want to be the kinda girl who can walk into a room and be amazing. I want to be able to hold three intelligent conversations at one time,talk and people listen. Right now, I talk and maybe the walls are learning something, because those around me, namely my kids, are not.

Teach me, Heidi, I want to learn how you do it. I have never been on a runway except for the time when I was 7 or 8 and vied for the role of Little Miss Barrett playground. I lost of course, and the rest is history. Where would I be if I won? Would my life have changed .. I doubt it highly, but if Ms. Klum could just whisper in my ear, tell me the meaning of life, I think I could become the kinda girl that doesn't have to be in full makeup just to run to the store or pick her daughter up from school. And that would be a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment